Thursday, September 11, 2014

Well...

behold my first .gif
     The end of Summer was a pretty odd time for me to say the least, and some of that did indeed effect this blog.You (and by you I mean no one since I'm doubting anyone outside of unlucky googlers read anything on here)may recall me mentioning I recently got a new laptop on that day. Well after getting me through my last two years of high school AND my first year of college, that ol' netbook has finally kicked the bucket technically only a small part of the screen broke and its still usable, but I rather replace it before something like the hard drive ends up crashing). Within a week of that happening my Android phone ended up breaking, so I had to go back to my messed up but still usable iPhone. Yeah this is similar to back in 2011 when my laptop and PSP ended up breaking on the same day (The PSP I fixed a month later though).
     Speaking of handheld consoles, both my DS and PSP ended up getting screwed up this Summer. For some extremely stupid reason I ended up updating my PSP, which removed the custom firmware, thus making it impossible for me to play my ISOs. To make matters worse I had a friend of my Pandora Battery that thing way back in 2010, so I currently don't have the means to fix it. On the DS front my "Personal Media Player" (which I use to play ROM files) became corrupt after I tried to add another game onto it (something I haven't done since 2012). Maybe in light of all this I'll end up buying a 3DS since Smash Bros. is coming out soon.
me breaking the new rig in
     Aaaaaand speaking of buying new consoles I did something I would never of expected; I purchased another 360. Shocking I know considering how I've been pretty much counting the days til I got rid of this thing. Who knew that only 8 months without it would make me have a huge craving for some PDz (technically it was Fallout: New Vegas that made me really want it but eh). For the record this wont affect the games on my "list of 360" games thing that I will eventually end up finishing.
     Yeah updating this thing slowly isn't exactly a new thing. Going back to school isn't going to help it since I wont exactly feel like writing game reviews after I just typed out 4 easy but tedious essays. But at the same time I don't have any plans of just not posting here. I honestly do love reviewing games even when no one gives me feedback or anything. I love how I put everything together back in 2011 too, and despite how horrible I think (or rather know) my reviews were, they are still part a part of my life I don't want to forget. I also have a decent amount of incomplete reviews that I started mostly in 2011 that I do want to finish at some point. I'll either continue them as I would've then, or I'll do my modern style after whatever is already there to see how badly they clash.
     On a final note, this is my first post on my new laptop I got a week or so ago! Its a 15.6 inch Toshiba with Windows 8.1. On the bright side it runs great for an extremely reasonable $240.00. On the downside though its massive. I did want another one the size of my old one, but it would seem the netbook crowd is being phased out by tablets. That and laptops that size are either really cheap with low specs, or extremely overpriced. Anyway, hope my extremely small (and unknown) reader base enjoy some future posts that I will eventually get to!

No comments:

Post a Comment